According to the CDF Lookout Survey of
1991, a tower has been located on Boucher Hill since
Original Forest Service
Lookout built in the 1920s.
The third and current tower, shown
below, was constructed and placed in service in 1948,
and was last in service in 1983.
With a 16x16 foot base and a height
of 30 feet, the current lookout is a splendid example
of a California Department of Forestry and Fire
Protection (CDF now known as CalFire) 809R design.
The 1934 Tower was
transferred to CDF in 1936.
Work was begun by in
2011 by The San Diego-Riverside Chapter of the Forest
Fire Lookout Association not only to restore and re-commission it as a fully functioning fire lookout,
but to enhance it as an historic and interpretive
site. In 2012 the tower was transferred
to the California State Parks.